Tuesday 17 January 2012

OUTREACH LOCATION!

I am going to Sri Lanka !!!
I can honestly say, I never thought I would say that in my life, but it is happening folks, and I have an amazing team coming with me! There are 6 girls, 2 boys, and 2 leaders (girls) going on our trip, and it is bound to be rockin'!
I am so pleased with this turn of events. I'll catch you up a bit though, on how I've ended up with Sri Lanka as my next destination...
For the past 3 months, I have desperately wanted to go to Nepal after reading "The Little Princes" by Connor Grennan (HIGHLY recommend it). But Friday morning, the day of location reveal, I felt God tell me that even though He know's I want to go to Nepal that I "may have to wait". Obviously I didn't even know what countries would be options, so I didn't think too much of the sacrifice that was. Until the outreach locations were revealed:
Cambodia
Sri Lanka
Nepal
Bangladesh
Kyrgyzstan
India
I could have sworn the Nepal was in flashing lights and shiny colours when I saw it on the list, I so wanted to choose it. I almost did. But before I could put it in the basket I went off to the side, knowing I wasn't being obedient, and asked God where I was supposed to go. He told me Sri Lanka, and Nepal as a second choice. I could have been sick I was so nervous, but as the nerves went away and my choice was made, I've felt more piece about Sri Lanka. My leader actually approached me at one point, asking if I were flexible on location, and I told her that I was. It meant so much to me to know that the leaders are so dedicated to praying over each choice, that they will question us if they feel that we may not have heard from God. But apparently I did, because I am going to SRI LANKA! I am so excited about my teammates and the leadership, we are bound to have tons of fun!
We have yet to decide on what ministry we will be focusing on, but the planning is bound to start up soon and with a vengence!

Please be praying that we have wisdom as we plan our trip, and that we be hearing from God clearly, and seeking him first.
Keeping you posted,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment